Shopping in bulk is a great way to get your freezer meals going.
* Do not freeze in the original package – Put into Freezer Ziploc bags
* Portion meats into your family’s serving sizes – The weight you use for recipes – Most of the time I freeze in 1 pound portions
* Chicken breasts can be frozen on a cookie sheet so that they don’t freeze together – then put the frozen breasts in Ziploc bags
* Put in bags and take all the air out – lay flat
* Buy in bulk and then portion out into 1 pound packages
* Will become mushy when reconstituted, but can be used in sauces and smoothies
Here is a great site I found that gives you everything you need for freezer meals, including the shopping list if you are a Costco shopper. These are Gluten Free as well! Thanks 5 Dollar Dinners!